Radio over IP
The Orion Radio Internet Protocol (RIP4) is a remote radio analog interface and control unit. The RIP4 interfaces to Orion Switch equipment by means of a Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN) connection utilizing Radio / Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
This device provides voice communication by mating Radios to LAN and WAN IP Networks. The RIP4 device connects up to 4 radios. Each radio interface consists of 600 Ω balanced analog transmit and receive audio pair, a solid state contact closure for radio keying, and a RS232 or parallel interface for radio control. The RIP-4 performs an analog to VoIP/RoIP conversion of radio audio, and converts IP messages into radio key and serial control messages.
- Radio Interfaces = 4
- Local Intercom capable – uses 4th Radio Interface
- 600 Ohm Balanced Output with E & M per Radio
- Serial Port Options – RS232, RS422, or parallel
- Interface Options – VoIP/RoIP, T1, or Fiber Optic
- Chassis size = 9.00" w x 8.00" d x 1 rack unit (1.718") h
- Chassis Mounting Options – Desktop, Rack Mount, Jack Box